4.10.10

No uniform. No concept. Massive sound.

Lovefoxx dice:

"When I first saw The Gossip play in 2007, I was amazed how energetic they were. Standing in the way of control was already my favorite album but I still couldn't believe a three-piece band could make all those proper BIG TUNES. Beth is just an incredible performer, she can be upside down, jumping on the floor, screaming her hea off and then a second later she'll sing with utter perfection. She has the most amazingly beautiful voice. I also remember thining that Nathan's way of moving while playing the bass was so cool - he was like a Hannah Barbara cartoon character. And the way Hannah plays the drums... she makes this massive sound. They all look so cute in their own way. It's like a Scooby Doo party where they all dance at the end of every episode. Well that's what I felt!"


Yeah, couldn't agree more.
Son un grupazo. Siempre lo he tenido dificilísimo para responder cuando me preguntaban por mi grupo favorito. Pero desde la primera vez que los escuché hará ya unos 4 años... THE GOSSIP. THE GOSSIP. THE GOSSIP. THE GOSSIP.
Los han criticado un montón porque se han vendido a Columbia, de Sony Music. Beth dice que ahora mola más porque pueden meter sintes y toda la pesca en las canciones, y ya no tienen que limitarse solo a las guitarras. Dirá lo que quiera, pero el último album no tiene nada que ver con los anteriores. Por mucho sinte que metan, ahora suenan mucho más "suaves", más pops y más vendibles que en los álbumes anteriores. No sé si el cambio de discográfica habrá influido en su rollo nuevo, pero lo que está claro es que ya no suenan como antes.
Tampoco sé porqué se les ha ocurrido cambiarse el nombre de The Gossip a Gossip simplemente. Yo seguiré diciendo The Gossip hasta que me muera o me olvide del nombre.
De todas formas a mi me siguen encantando, y sus cds, que los tengo toditos, son los que máaas escucho con diferencia. Más incluso que The Kills, que también los amo.

No hay comentarios: